Friday, April 11, 2014
Mango Shrimp Lettuce Wraps-What's Your Favorite Way to Eat a Mango?
This is a quick, simple recipe using our incredible Manila Mangoes, on Sale today at Whole Foods Market!
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined with the tails removed
2 Manila mangoes, cubed
1 cup English cucumber, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 Thai chili pepper, minced
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
1 head butter lettuce
1 head radicchio
Health Starts Here Sesame Ginger Dressing
1. Grill or sear the shrimp until they are fully cooked. Set in the refrigerator to chill, and make the filling.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the sesame seeds and dressing. Toss to combine.
3. Separate 4 leaves from each the butter lettuce and radicchio and set one piece of the radicchio on the lettuce.
4. Place the lettuce cups on a serving platter and fill with the mango mixture. Divide the shrimp among the cups and garnish with avocado and sesame seeds.
5. Serve with the dressing and enjoy!