Today is a happy day.
And this is a happy picture. Now here is a happy recipe!
1 bag of popcorn, popped and kept warm (about 1.5oz)
4 Tbsp. Butter
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Light or dark corn syrup
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Roasted, salted peanuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Bring butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil. When the mixture becomes foamy, it is done.
2. Add the peanuts and stir in the salt.
3. In a large bowl, pour the caramel over the popcorn and gently mix it, making sure to coat each piece of popcorn.
4. Pour out the popcorn onto a pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper that has been sprayed with pan spray.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, then take the pan out and stir the popcorn and rotate the pan. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until it is a light amber color remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with kosher salt if desired.
6. Continue to mix and move the popcorn around the pan for about a minute to keep the pieces from sticking together. Once it cools completely, the caramelized popcorn will be light and crunchy.
For the floats, you can pour grape soda onto scoops of vanilla ice cream, or pour ginger ale over concord grape sorbet and vanilla ice cream.